Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Configuring Network USB on a Buffalo AirStation
A USB device attached to the AirStation can be made available to the network. You will need to download and install the Network USB Navigator application from the Buffalo website.
Before proceeding, make sure the USB device is installed on your PC with the correct drivers/software. If the PC does not have the required drivers, even if Network USB Navigator detects the USB device you will not be able to use it.
Enabling Network USB on the AirStation
- Connect the AirStation to a computer with an Ethernet cable and power both devices on.
- Launch a web browser and enter the AirStation's IP address into the address bar. If you do not know the AirStation's IP address, check the setup card included in your AirStation's package, or use AirStation Configuration Tool to display it.
- Log in to Settings. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
- Click the "Advanced Settings" tile.
- Click the "Applications" tab, and then the "Network USB" subtab.
- Enable Network USB.
- If the USB device is a printer with multiple functions (e.g. scanning), enable "Use Multifunction Printer" as well.
Installing and Using Network USB Navigator
- Download the Network USB Navigator from the Buffalo website.
- Open the application and install it on your PC, following the directions on the screen.
- Connect the USB device to the AirStation. Make sure the USB device is powered on.
- Open Network USB Navigator. The USB device should appear as a network device.
- Select the USB device and click .
The USB device should now be connected and available over the network. To disconnect a device, select it and then click .