Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Configuring the Print Server on a Buffalo TeraStation
• 3010 and 5010 series TeraStations do not support print server functionality.
• Only one USB printer can be connected to the TeraStation at a time.
• Bidirectional communication is not supported (i.e. remaining ink quantities and other printer status information is not displayed).
• If a multifunctional printer is connected, only the printer function can be used. Other functions such as scanning will not be available.
• The print server does not support Mac OS.
• Don't disable the SMB protocol while the print server is enabled. If you do, you will need to enable SMB again and reconfigure the print server from scratch.
- From Settings, go to the "Services" tab.
- Click the slide switch to turn on the Print Server service.
- Click the settings button to the right to check the service.
- In Windows, open NAS Navigator and double-click on the NAS.
- Right-click the "lp" icon and choose "Connect".
- The error message "No driver found" will appear. Click OK.
- Cancel the "Add Printer Wizard".
- In Windows Control Panel, open "Devices and Printers" and click Add a Printer.
- Choose "Add a local printer" and click Next.
- Choose "Use an existing port". In the drop-down menu you should the NAS listed as an available port. Choose it and click Next.
At this point you should experiment with different drivers until you find one that works. Some customers have had success with Samsung drivers regardless of the printer manufacturer used. At the end of the wizard you have the opportunity to print a test page.
If you are able to successfully print a test page, the chosen driver should work for your printer. You may need to try several drivers before finding one that works.