Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Configuring an iSCSI Target in WSS 2012 R2
- In the Server Manager Dashboard select File and Storage Services.
- Select iSCSI and click on the link to launch the wizard.
- Select a location for the iSCSI virtual disk.
- Create a name for the virtual disk.
- Enter the desired size of the virtual disk.
Note: If creating a virtual disk over 2TB, ensure that the OS of the host assigned to use the target supports volumes of that size.
- Create a new iSCSI target assigned to the new virtual disk.
- Specify a target name. Do not use spaces in this field.
- Click Add to assign servers to access this volume.
Note: To avoid data corruption or loss, do not assign multiple Windows systems to access the same iSCSI target unless using Microsoft Cluster Services to manage access.
- Add the initiator ID for the assigned servers.
- Once the correct server/servers have been added to the access list, click Next.
- If desired, enable CHAP authentication for the target.
- Verify that all information is correct and click Create.
- The creation process time will vary depending on the size of the target.
- Once the process is completed, click Close.
- The iSCSI target and virtual disk should now appear in Server Manager.