Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Configuring email notifications on a TS3010 or TS5010 series TeraStation
- Access the TeraStation's web user interface, by entering the current IP address of the unit into a web browser. If the current IP is unknown the unit can be located using NAS Navigator. If NAS Navigator is not installed you can download the latest version by going to the downloads page for the TeraStation on the Buffalo website.
- Click on the “Management” tab on the left side of the GUI. If the slider next to “Email Notification” is greyed out, click to turn it on. Once it is on (blue) click the icon to the right to configure the options.
- This page shows the current settings. By default this page is empty. Click the “Advanced Report Settings” button on the bottom left to set what events trigger an email.
- The events here are arranged by column. You can set whether you want a daily email, any informational emails, or just notifications and errors. You can also choose which items are included in each category. Click the “OK” button to close the window.
- From this screen click the “Edit” button on the lower right to configure the email options.
- Set the SMTP server and port number, then select the authentication type for the SMTP server being used. If you are using an external service such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook.com please refer to the service used for the correct SMTP server settings.
- Now enter the sender’s email address (this will be the “from” field in the email) and the username and password the TeraStation will use to log in to the SMTP server. Click the “Add” button to designate recipients for the email notifications. Click the “OK” button to finish.
- This will bring you back to the original window. Click the “Send Test Email” button to verify that your settings are correct and everything is working as expected. Once you have confirmed that the unit can send an email, click the “Close” button to close this window.
Example configuration for Office365