Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Configuring Port Forwarding on a Buffalo AirStation
Note: Manually configuring port forwarding may not be necessary with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play). If UPnP is enabled, most programs can configure port forwarding for you automatically. Click here for instructions on how to enable UPnP.
- Connect the AirStation to the PC and power both devices on.
- Launch a web browser and enter the AirStation's IP address into the address bar. If you do not know the AirStation's IP address, check the setup card included in your AirStation's package, or use AirStation Configuration Tool to display it.
- Log in to Settings. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
- Click the "Advanced Settings" tile.
- Click on the "Security" tab on the left, then click on the "Port Forwarding" subtab.
- Make sure "New Group" is selected, and enter a group name.
- Specify the WAN-side IP address the AirStation will forward ports from. Using the AirStation's Internet IP address is highly recommended, but you can manually enter an IP address.
- Select a protocol and its corresponding port from the dropdown menu. For example, selecting HTTP will automatically select TCP port 80. The default is TCP/UDP, along with a list of common protocols. If selected, the protocols will automatically select a corresponding port. You can also select Manual to manually enter a protocol and its corresponding port.
- Enter the LAN-side IP address of the network computer to receive the forwarded data.
- Enter the LAN-side port. This port will usually be the same as the port set under Protocol. If the port is different, this port will be used to route traffic on the LAN rather than the WAN port. As before, you can select a port from 1-65535. When finished, click Add.
- Once the rule has been added, it will be displayed under the "Forwarded Ports" section.
- You can click Edit to make any changes to individual rules, or Delete to remove the rule entry.
- Individual rules cannot be turned off. Only a rule group can be shut off. Once a group has been created, you can add additional port forwarding rules to that group. You can also turn the group of rules on or off as needed, or select a group of port forwarding rules to be disabled.
- When finished, log out of Settings and close the web browser.