Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
How do I configure replication from a TeraStation Windows Storage Server 2016 to a TeraStation NAS?
Using Buffalo Windows Storage Server 2016 NAS as source and using a different non-Windows TeraStation as the replication destination.
This creates a Private Cloud, allowing you to secure & share data.
1. First, create a Share on TeraStation as replication target. Open TeraStation WEBUI, File Sharing tab and click Folder Setup.
2. Click Create Folder at the upper left.
3. Name the Share, and make sure "Backup" option is checked.
4. You will be prompt to enter a device access key. Enter a password to prevent unauthorized access to the target folder.
Once completed click OK to finish.
5. The Backup target share that just created will show up in the Shared Folder List.
Next we will access the Buffalo WSS2016 NAS using Remote Desktop to setup the replication job.
6. Click on the Windows Start button. Open the “Buffalo Replication” software.
7. Click the blank space under “Replication Source”, then click the grey button.
8. Select a local folder from the list as the replication source folder, then click OK.
9. Click Set Backup Device Access Key and enter the configured backup device access key of the replication destination folder and click OK.
10. Click the blank space under “Replication Target” and select the target folder from the list.
11. If the shared folder created does not appear on the list, click Refresh and try again.
To configure folders on the device that is located on another network, click Add and enter the IP address of the device, then click Save. After the IP address is added to the list, click Refresh again to add the folder to the list of folders.
Select the target folder then click Select.
12. When finished configuring, click Apply.
13. Click OK. The task will start a full backup from the replication source to the replication destination after deleting existing files in the replication destination.