Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Configuring Replication From a Buffalo Windows Storage Server 2016 to another Buffalo WSS2016 NAS
Using Buffalo Windows Storage Server 2016 NAS as source and using another Buffalo Windows Storage Server 2016 NAS as the replication destination.
This creates a Private Cloud, allowing you to secure & share data.
First, set up the replication target folder on the Target WSS NAS.
1. Access the target WSS unit using Remote Desktop.
2. Click on the Windows Start button
3. Open the “Buffalo Replication” software.
4. Click on the “Folder Setup” button on the lower left.
5. This will be target folder for replication. The “Label” is how the target will appear to the TeraStation.
6. The “Folder” entry will open a normal Windows folder selection dialog box. Choose the folder to use for replication or create a new one.
7. Enter an Access key to prevent unauthorized access to the target folder.
Once all fields are completed click the “Save” button.
8. The replication target is now ready. Click the “Close” button to exit the Buffalo Replication software.
Next we will access the Source Buffalo WSS2016 NAS using Remote Desktop to setup the replication job.
1. Click on the Windows Start button. Open the “Buffalo Replication” software.
2. Click the blank space under “Replication Source”, then click the grey button.
3. Select a local folder from the list as the replication source folder, then click OK.
4. Click Set Backup Device Access Key and enter the configured backup device access key of the replication destination folder and click OK.
5. Click the blank space under “Replication Target” and select the target folder from the list.
6. Select the target folder then click Select.
If the shared folder created does not show up on the list, click Refresh and try again.
To configure folders on the device that is located on another network, click Add and enter the IP address of the device, then click Save. After the IP address is added to the list, click Refresh again to add the folder to the list of folders.
Note: If the target TeraStation is behind a router, enter the router's WAN side IP address.
You will need to map ports 873, 8873, 22936, 22938, and 22939 to the target TeraStation in the router for this to work correctly. If these ports are being blocked by the service provider you will need to work with your service provider to open these ports.
For assistance with configuring port forwarding on a Buffalo router, see here. To configure port forwarding on a different router, please refer to the manual for the specific router.
873 TCP Backup / Replication
8873 TCP Backup / Replication(encrypted) --- non-WSS TeraStation only
22936 TCP/UDP BUFFALO Applications (NasNavigator2、FWUpdates and else)
22938 TCP/UDP Detection between NAS
22939 TCP/UDP Detection between NAS
7. When finished configuring, click Apply.
8. Click OK. The task will start a full backup from the replication source to the replication destination after deleting existing files in the replication destination.