Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
How do I configure Replication From a TeraStation NAS to a TeraStation Windows Storage Server 2016?
This procedure creates a Private Cloud, allowing you to secure & share data.
First set up the replication target folder on the WSS NAS.
1. Access the WSS unit using Remote Desktop.
2. Click on the Windows Start button
3. Open the “Buffalo Replication” software.
4. Click on the “Folder Setup” button on the lower left.
5. This will be target folder for replication. The “Label” is how the target will appear to the TeraStation.
6. The “Folder” entry will open a normal Windows folder selection dialog box. Choose the folder to use for replication or create a new one.
7. Enter a password to prevent unauthorized access to the target folder. Once all fields are completed click the “Save” button.
8. The replication target is now ready. Click the “Close” button to exit the Buffalo Replication software.
Next we’ll set up the replication source on the TeraStation. Open the web interface for the TeraStation.
9. Open the user interface for the source device and go to the “Backup” tab. Click on the configuration icon to the right of “Replication”.
10. This screen will list any existing replication jobs. Click on the “Edit” button in the lower right to add a new replication job or edit existing job.
11. Click the “Set” button enter the backup password that was set on the target.
12. Enter the password and click “OK”.
13. Click on the “Add” button to add a new replication job.
14. You should get a list of folders on the source and destination device.
• On the left you can choose a folder or a sub-folder as the replication source.
• From the right select the target device and folder for this replication job.
• The newly created folder may not show up in the list initially. If you do not see the folder you created, click the “Refresh” button in the upper left.
• Once you have selected the desired folders, click “OK”.
NOTE: If the replication target has multiple folders designated as backup targets, be certain to select the correct folder. Targets are listed in the format “devicename@foldername”. Only one source can replicate to a single target folder. Multiple source devices replicating to the same target folder will overwrite data.
15. The selected source and target folders should now be listed for the replication job. To complete the setup click “OK”.
16. Once you click “OK” you should get this dialog box. If you have selected a destination folder that already contained data, that data will be deleted.
17. The following message should appear. Do not close or refresh the browser while this message is displayed.
18. Once the configuration completes you should be returned to the “Backup” tab of the user interface. The initial replication will now begin. Larger replication jobs may take some time to complete. Subsequent replications will only move changed or new files.