Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Configuring TeraStation3010/5010 to TeraStation3010/5010 Backup on the same Subnet
Applies to TeraStation 5010/3010/3020 series firmware 4.00 or later
The first step in setting up TeraStation to TeraStation is to set up a folder on the target TeraStation.
- Log in to Settings for the TeraStation3010/5010/3020.
- From the "File Sharing" tab, click on the widget to the right of "Folder Setup".
- A list of currently-configured folders will be displayed. Click Create Folder on the upper left to create a new folder that will be the target for the Backup job.
- Name the new folder. Disable the "Recycle Bin" for this folder because enabled recycle bins on the source will get backup over anyway. Be sure to check the option for "Backup" as this will designate the folder as a target for backup or replication.
- It is suggested to setup the Backup Device Access Key for data secure, so that the share folder will not show up as a backup source or destination on any other TeraStation unless they have the Access Key. Click OK.
- It will take us to the tab for setup the key. Enter the desired Backup Device Access Key and click OK.
- The new folder should now be included in the folder list. Click Close on the lower right. Target configuration is now complete.
- Open Settings on the source TeraStation and log in. From the "Backup" tab, click the widget to the right of "Backup.
- This window will list existing Backup job. If you have configured a Backup Device Access Key to the Backup destination folder, click Set and enter the key.
- Enter the key that was setup at the target TeraStation share and click OK.
- Click Add to create a new backup job.
- Give the job a name and select a schedule.
- Select the "Operation Mode" (backup type).
The following types of backup jobs may be selected:
- Select other options as desired. Default settings are shown. Click Add to add a source and destination folder for the backup.
- The newly created folder may not show up in the list initially. If you do not see the folder you created, click Refresh on the upper left.
- The dialog appears if you click Refresh. It is recommended to click Yes to completely repopulate the list of available targets.
- Once the refresh finishes you should now see the newly created target. Select the shared folder that will be the backup source and destination, then click OK.
- Verify that all settings are accurate. Additional source and destination folders can be added to run as part of the same backup job. Once all options are set up as desired, click OK to save the backup job.
- The job will now appear in the list of backup jobs. This job can be edited later or additional backup jobs can be created. The type and status of the backup job is also shown in this list.
The backup configuration is now complete.