Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Use Ministation Extreme NFC to backup and restore files with Windows 10 File History
Learn the top 5 ways to secure and backup your home office here.
Connect the Ministation Extreme NFC to the Windows 10 PC
For how to enable encryption on a Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC, please refer to this article.
Backup PC with File History
1. From Windows Settings, select “Update & Security”
2. Select the “Backup” tab from the left.
3. Click “Add a drive” and then choose the Ministation Extreme NFC drive (HD-PZNU3) as the backup destination.
4. To configure the Backup, click “More options”.
5. From Backup options, click “Back up now” to start the file backup.
You can also configure:
• Backup schedule
• How long to keep the Backup versions
• Add other backup folders besides the default ones.
• Folders that should be Excluded
Note: If Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC has enabled Encryption mode, the MiniStation drive will automatically Lock itself for security when Windows PC enters Lock screen or an account re-login.
Unlock the the MiniStation Drive to resume the Backup process.
Restore files with File History
1. From Backup options, click “Restore files from a current backup”
2. From the File History browser, look for the file you want to restore, then use the arrows at the bottom to see all its versions.
3. You can Preview the file version if the file type is preview supported.
4. On the version you want to restore, select the green Restore icon to save it in its original location. To save it in a different place, right-click the green Restore icon, select Restore to, and then choose a new location.
For more information about Backup and Restore in Windows 10, please refer to this Microsoft KB.