Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Setting up Axis Camera Companion with TeraStation NVR using static IP addresses
- Axis cameras (TeraStation supports up to 16 cameras)
- Gigabit Ethernet switch (PoE capable if desired)
- TeraStation NVR unit
- Windows PC for configuration
- Ethernet cable for each device
- Axis Camera Companion
- NAS Navigator
- Connect all equipment to the switch and power it on.
- Set a static IP in the desired range on the PC to be used for configuration.
- Install/launch NAS Navigator. The TeraStation should show up in the interface.
- Right-click the icon for the TeraStation and click Properties. This should launch the property sheet for the TeraStation. Click the "IP Address" tab and assign the correct IP address.
- Right-click the icon for the TeraStation and click Settings. This should launch the TeraStation GUI in the default web browser.
- Go through the initial TeraStation setup wizard. The default administrator username is "admin" and the default password is "password". It is recommended that the default password be changed at this time to a more secure one. We're leaving this one at the default for demonstration purposes.
Once the wizard finishes you can close the browser window.
- Launch the Axis IP utility.
- Right-click the camera and click Assign IP Address.
- Enter the correct IP address for the camera.
Note: Repeat steps 8-9 for each camera that will be used in this setup.
- Install/launch Axis Camera Companion.
Note: If the system running Axis Camera Companion has internet access, you will be asked to create an account with Axis.
- Click Get Started to begin creation of a new camera site.
- Name the site and create a password for the site.
- The first screen should tell you to make sure all your cameras are attached to the network and powered up.
- The wizard should locate all attached cameras. If not all the cameras are detected, check to make sure that all cameras have power and are connected to the network. In our example we only have one camera.
- Click the Connect Network Share button.
- Select the TeraStation and click Next.
- Enter the username and password for the TeraStation. The username will be "admin" and the password will be "password" unless it was changed in step 6.
- Select the "Recordings" share and click Next. Do not select the "Info" share.
- This is the part of the setup automated by the software. The Camera Companion software will now configure a user and set a quota for each camera in the site. Doing this manually could take 5-10 minutes or more per camera.
- Once the storage configuration is finished the software will display all cameras configured for this share. Click Next.
- The wizard will now configure the cameras to access the share using the credentials created earlier. Depending on the number of cameras this step could take several minutes.
- Once the configuration is finished the Camera Companion should go to a live view of all cameras. One camera will be shown in the main section with all cameras shown across the bottom. Since our setup only has one camera, that is all that is shown. Here it shows a view of a cubicle wall.
At this point setup should be finished and the cameras should be recording video to the TeraStation NVR unit. The site can be accessed through Axis Camera Companion to view both live video and recorded video. Recording parameters can be adjusted through Axis Camera Companion as well.