How to Integrate Your TeraStation NAS With a UPS
1. Plug the power cable of the UPS to a wall socket. Connect the power cable of the TeraStation to the UPS.
2. Connect your CyberPower UPS to the USB port on the back of the TeraStation.
3. Turn on the UPS, then the TeraStation.
4. Access the TeraStation's web user interface, by entering the current IP address of the unit into a web browser. If the current IP is unknown the unit can be located using NAS Navigator. If NAS Navigator is not installed you can download the latest version by going to the downloads page for the TeraStation on the Buffalo website.
5. Click on the “Management” tab on the left side of the GUI, then click on the icon to the right of the “Power Management” line.
6. This shows the current power management settings. Settings shown are the default settings. To change the settings, click on the “Edit” button.
7. Select the first radio button to configure options for a UPS connected to the TeraStation.
8. Select the UPS Connection Type drop down, select the detected “USB CyberPower”.
9. Set options as desired and click OK. If using iSCSI on TeraStation, make sure to configure TeraStation to shutdown AFTER the iSCSI Initiator Server shutdown.
10. Once UPS is setup successfully, the connection status will shown on the current power management settings.