Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Updating the Firmware on a TeraStation or Linkstation Using Mac OS X
- To check the current version of firmware on your unit open NAS Navigator. Select the unit and the current firmware version will be displayed in the lower right corner. If you do not have NAS Navigator installed follow these steps.
- Go to the Buffalo downloads page and enter your model number.
- Scroll to the firmware section and select the firmware update utility for Mac.
- Once the download finishes, click on the downloaded file in the downloads section of the dock.
- Double-click the "update" icon.
- You may get this warning. Click "Open".
- Select the unit you wish to update from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have the correct unit selected, click the "Update" button.
- You will be asked for the administrator password for the NAS.
- The update will take several minutes.
- Once the update is complete and the unit has rebooted you should get this message.
- To verify the new version you can check in NAS Navigator again. The new version should be displayed in the lower right corner.