Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Joining a WSS 2012 NAS to an Active Directory Domain
Set the NAS to use a DC as its DNS server
- From the Start screen click on "Control Panel".
- From "Control Panel", open "Network and Sharing Center".
- From "Network and Sharing Center", click on "Change adapter settings" on the upper left.
- Right-click on the first Ethernet adapter.
- Click on "Properties".
- Scroll down to "Internet Protocol Version 4" (or version 6 if you are using TCP/IPv6), select it and click Properties.
- Set a static IP address (preferable) and set the DC as the preferred DNS server, then click OK.
Joining the WSS 2012 NAS to the AD domain
- Open "Server Manager" on the NAS and select "Local Server".
- Click on the link on the current workgroup name to change in. In this case it is the default "WORKGROUP".
- Click Change in the property sheet that comes up.
- Click on the radio button to select "Domain".
- Type in the domain name. This may need to be the fully qualified domain name depending on your domain configuration.
- You will be asked for a username and password for an account with permission to join the domain. This will probably be a domain administrator.
- After the join is successful, you should get this welcome message. Click OK.
- You will get a notification that a restart is required to complete the operation. Click OK.
- Click Close to close System Properties.
- Click Restart Now to restart the NAS and finish the process to join the NAS to the domain.