DriveStation™ Ultra 10-Drive
DriveStation™ Ultra is a ten-drive, high performance and high capacity direct attachedstorage solution ideal for businesses that demand fast data transfer speeds for large files, such as high resolution video. Mac® users can experience the blazing fast speeds using the Thunderbolt 2 connector, and PC users can also connect through high-speed USB 3.0 and eSATA interfaces.
- Ultrafast Thunderbolt 2 speeds up to 1243 MBps for Mac users
- High performance NAS or enterprise hard drives optimized for continuous 24/7/365 operation
- PC and Mac connectivity with Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.0 and eSATA support
- RAID 0/5/6 support for safe and redundant data storage
- Desktop form factor that provides data well within reach
WHERE TO BUY
The DriveStation Ultra features the revolutionary Thunderbolt 2 technology, raising the bar on how you transfer, store and transport data. Delivering speeds up to an amazing 1243 Mbps in RAID 0, this desktop Thunderbolt 2 drive uses the fastest interface available.
HIGH PERFORMANCE HARD DRIVES
DriveStation Ultra features six or ten high performance NAS or enterprise hard drives optimized for continuous 24/7/365 operation with enhanced RAID performance. These cost-effective hard drives run cooler, last longer and reduce meantime between failure.
HIGH CAPACITY AND SCALABILITY
DriveStation Ultra is available in four capacities - 12 TB, 24 TB, 40 TB and 80 TB. With Thunderbolt 2 ports, daisy chain up to 6 DriveStation Ultras per port, and using all 6 ports on a Mac Pro, achieve up to 2.88 PB of storage!
FLEXIBLE STORAGE AND REDUNDANCY
DriveStation Ultra provides users the flexibility to easily maximize capacity or protect their data using RAID redundancy.
- RAID 0 combines all drives into a single array, offering maximum storage capacity with no redundancy
- RAID 5 stripes the data across all ten drives, interspersing parity data to provide an efficient blend of fault tolerance and storage capacity
- RAID 6 uses two parity stripes per hard drive, allowing two hard drives to fail without any data loss
While Mac users can experience blazing fast speeds with a Thunderbolt 2 connection, PC users can also connect to the DriveStation Ultra with USB 3.0 and eSATA support.
Internal Hard Drives
|Number of Drives||10|
|Drive Interface||SATA 6 Gbps|
|Hard Drive Sizes||4 TB, 8 TB|
|Total Capacity||40 TB, 80 TB|
|Type of Hard Drives||NAS (40 TB)
Enterprise (80 TB)
|Supported RAID||RAID 0/5/6/JBOD (Individual Disks)|
Thunderbolt 2 Interface
|Standards Compliance||Thunderbolt 2|
|Number of Ports||2|
|Standards Compliance||USB 3.0 / USB 2.0|
|Data Transfer Rates||5 Gbps* (USB 3.0)
480 Mbps* (USB 2.0)
|Connector Type||Type B|
|Number of Ports||1|
* 480 Mbps and 5 Gbps are the maximum transfer rates derived from the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 2.0 and 3.0. Actual transfer rates will vary depending upon environmental factors. Data rates, features and performance may vary based on the configuration of your system and other factors.
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||15.24 x 7.48 x 12.60 in|
|Power Consumption||Max 350W|
|Power Supply||AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz|
|Client OS Support||Windows® 10
Windows® 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows® 8 (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows® Server 2012 R2
Windows® Server 2012
Windows® Server 2008 R2
Windows® Server 2008
Mac OS® X 10.10
Mac OS® X 10.9