Search by either entering keywords or by selecting a product.
Secure your TeraStation by installing SSL certificates from Godaddy
TeraStation 5010/3010/3020/6000 series
Note: This knowledge base article includes the following 3rd party software and websites for demonstration purpose only.
Before You Begin
Register a domain name from godaddy.com, and setup an A record that points to TeraStation WAN IP address.
Create a Certificate
Request your SSL certificate and learn how to install it. For detailed instructions, read this.
• Use the Godaddy SSL Wizard to create a CSR and Private Key, and then request your certificate. For detailed instructions, read this.
• Generate a CSR on your own. Input the CSR to request your certificate. For detailed instructions, read this.
You can create a CSR and Private Key file by using the OpenSSL tool installed on your local server/PC.
For Windows OS environment, in this article we are using OpenSSL for Windows OS, which is developed by OpenSSL community members. This can be downloaded from: https://www.openssl.org/community/binaries.html
The Linux OpenSSL package can be downloaded from: https://www.openssl.org/
1. Before starting, you may need to locate and manually edit the OpenSSL configuration file "openssl.cnf".
2. At the prompt, type the following command:
openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout yourdomain.key -out yourdomain.csr
3. Enter the requested information.
Download the SSL certificate files
1. Go to your GoDaddy product page.
2. Select SSL Certificates and select Manage for the certificate you want to download.
3. Under Download Certificate, select a Server type “Apache”and then select Download Zip File.
Install Certificate to TeraStation
1. Logon to your TeraStation WEBUI. Navigate to the Management tab.
2. At the right, click the edit icon besides “SSL”
3. Secret Key: Browse and select the private key that you downloaded from Godaddy or generated using OpenSSL
Server Certificate: Browse and select the primary certificate (.crt file with randomized name) that you downloaded from Godaddy.
Then Click Import.
Certificate installed succeeded.
o The certificate file needs to be a Base-64 encoded X.509 cert.
o The key file needs to be a Base-64 encoded file.
o The files can be uploaded from a directory path or the root directory of the C
o TeraStation currently does not support GoDaddy Certificate Bundles “gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt”, please do not upload.
o If you encountered an error when uploading a valid certificate & key, please try to use web browser’s private mode or a different web browser to access the WEBUI then try again.