Maintain Your Legal Clients’ Privacy with Ease
Buffalo TeraStations Deliver Built-in Security Measures That Align With Your Goals
Information is the new currency, and law firms have a lot of it. Of course, much of that information is sensitive and confidential. Just consider case or litigation strategy, attorney-client privileged communications, client intellectual property, etc.—all information that could be devastating if lost or stolen.
Law offices are in the business of protecting their clients’ legal interests. However, in this day and age, an information security strategy is equally important, not just to safeguard sensitive data but to address a growing list of regulations around the collection, transmission, and storage of that information.
The good news is that there are different information strategies and best practices that law firms can put into place. And, at Buffalo, we can help—especially with products that simplify and support your information security and compliance efforts.
Buffalo TeraStations provide built-in physical and digital security measures that put you on the path to complete data protection.
Physically Block Access to NAS Devices and Data
1. Boot Authentication* prevents unauthorized users from accessing the information on your storage device if it is removed or stolen. This feature requires the NAS to authenticate against a local authentication server before boot up and information on the hard disk becomes readable.
2. Locking Mechanisms: Kensington Security Slot on desktop and rackmount units enables you to physically secure your device to a fixed location. Front Panel Lock desktop systems include a locking front panel discouraging removal of drives from your device.
Safeguard Sensitive Information Stored Digitally
1. AES 256-bit encryption (Advance Encryption Standard)* adds another layer of protection by encrypting sensitive patient data and records that are stored on your device. Proper authorization is needed to access that information. This is a feature that customers must activate. This feature is required to be turned on for boot authentication.
2. Private cloud (TeraStation Replication) model enables you to back up, store, and share information in a manner that is in line with secure best practice recommendations where data is physically stored on systems maintained by your organization instead of public cloud environments which are more susceptible to hack attempts.
3. Rsync* compatibility makes it easier for legal entities to create a secure best practice private cloud model. Rsync compatibility allows you to replicate information between your Buffalo TeraStation NAS and a third-party NAS device that is also rsync compatible.
4. Keep Your Drive Warranty Services help organizations meet HIPAA mandates that require you to retain storage drives and require paperwork for retention of drives. This service allows organizations to achieve HIPPA best practice requirements by retaining defective hard drives and reduces downtime by shipping replacement hard drives next business day.
Additional Best Practice
5.VPN tunnel capabilities can be utilized by Buffalo TeraStation devices when partnered with third-party hardware that includes this functionality.
Would you like to learn more about our solutions? Join our email list! Benefits include:
- First access to free webinars and giveaways
- Invitations to special events
- Updates and information on our products